Prep Time 20 m
Cook Time 40 m
Ready In 1 h
- 1/3 cup uncooked Black rice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Sprig Toasted Sesame oil
- 3 tbsp Sprig’s Chipotle Adobado Sauce
- 2 drops of Sprigs Culinary Lavender Extract
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 300 gms ground boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp ginger grated, divided.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Mushroom Sliced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic finely diced
- 2 chillies finely chopped
- Soak the black rice overnight or 6hrs atleast.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
- Boil the tomatoes until the skin peels off. Blend it to a fine puree.
- Heat oil in a Pan. Sauté garlic and chillies. Add the tomato puree, salt and 1 tbsp of grated ginger. Add 1cup of water and bring to a boil. Add the Chipotle Adobado Sauce and Lavender Extract. Simmer for another 2 mins. Adjust seasonings.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Sesame Oil, chicken, cooked rice, 1tbsp ginger, onion, egg, mushrooms salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the half of the tomato puree at the bottom, followed by the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato gravy over the top.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often and Serve hot.