King Prawns in Nam Prik Pao Coconut Sauce
Time: 30 mins
- 400 gm king prawns cleaned
- 2 tbsp Nam Prik Pao
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 10 ml water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 40 ml coconut milk 1st press
- 1 tsp oyster sauce- 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 5 pcs fresh Thai basil leaves
- Heat the chili oil in a pan. Add the garlic and sauté it till it become light brown.
- Add the Nam Prik Pao paste and cook it slightly, add the water. Drop in the king prawns.
- Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Once the sauce starts to thicken turn the flame on a slow simmer and finish with coconut milk & season.
- Turn of the gas & add the lemon juice& basil leaves chopped and serve with jasmine/ plain rice.