Indo-Chinese Style Chilli Chicken
Preparation Time – 20 mins
Cooking Time – 15 mins
- Chicken Breast – 2
- 3 large Onions & 1 Green bell pepper cut into cubes
- Green Chili 2-3 (sliced well removing the seeds)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1tsp
- Egg – 1
- Corn flour – 3 tsp
- All purpose flour – 1tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sprig Sichuan Chilli Paste – 1tsp
- Soya Sauce -2tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2tsp
- Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil /Vegetable Oil according to proportion
- Fresh chopped spring onions and Coriander
- Red food Color 1/2tsp (optional)
- Prepare marinade – Beat the eggs. Add corn flour, all purpose flour, ginger and garlic paste, chili powder, salt, Sprig Sichuan Chilli Paste and mix well. Marinate chicken pieces and keep it aside for 30 minutes. Sprig’s Sichuan Chilli Paste helps to get a flavorful taste with good color.
- Heat oil in a nonstick Kadai. Deep Fry the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown. Fry it in small batches. Now keep it aside.
- Drain it in kitchen tissues.
- In the same nonstick Kadai, remove the excess oil. Keep 3 tbsp oil in it. Now Sauté garlic for a minute. Then add onion, capsicum, green chili and sauté it over a high flame until onion is soft, translucent and raw smell is gone.
- Mix all the three sauces in a cup with water. You can adjust sauce quantity as per your taste. I used regular Soy sauce, tomato sauce and chilli sauce.
- Add it to the gravy and mix well over medium flame.
- Mix corn flour with some water and add it to the gravy. Make sure to adjust corn flour based on the thickness that you desire. Add salt, to taste.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and mix it well. Let the chicken get coated well with the sauces. Add a table spoon of the sprig chili paste if you love it spicier. Add red food color. It’s optional. Cook for another 5 minutes and switch it off.
- Garnish it well with spring onions or fresh coriander
- Serve hot and enjoy along with your favorite rice
Recipe Credits: Kabyashree Deka (@foodieforeverandever23)