Indian Mithai Overnight Oats
Yield: 1 Cup
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 6 hr
- ½ Cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp Sprig bourbon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Sprig true cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Sprig whole green cardamom from Idukki
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2-3 strands of saffron
- 6-7 raisins
- Some chopped almonds and pistachios
- Gently warm 4 tsp of the milk with the saffron strands until you the milk gets a yellow hue.
- Then combine all the ingredients together in an airtight mason jar, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- It’s ready to eat in the morning!
Recipe and images by Kamini Patel of KitchenTherapy.in