Hot & Sour Whole Wheat Flatbread
- ¾ cup wholewheat flour
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup yogurt
- extra wholewheat flour for work surface
- 2 tbsp SPRIG passion fruit and malagueta sauce
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- ½ cup baby corn, sliced
- ½ cup red and green peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the whole-wheat flour, oat flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the olive oil and yogurt.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the flour with your fingers or a fork until it forms a dough. If the dough is too dry, you can add some water. Dough will be sticky.
- Place the dough on your floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and elastic at this point.
- Place the dough back in the mixing bowl, cover with a bread cloth, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Grill the vegetables in 2 tbsp of SPRIG Passion Fruit & Malagueta Sauce and a sprinkle of salt.
- When the dough has finished resting, cut it into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball. Cover the balls with a cloth to keep them from drying out.
- Heat a pan with a lid to medium/high heat.
- Working one ball at a time, roll each ball out into a ¼ inch thick circle.
- Place flatbread on a hot pan and cover with the lid. Let cook for 30 seconds, remove lid, and flip the flatbread over (cooked side should be browned in spots).
- Remove bread from pan and repeat process with remaining dough.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the flatbreads on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle some cheese, followed by the vegetables, divided equally. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Add some coriander leaves on top for garnish and serve hot.
Recipe and images by Kamini Patel of KitchenTherapy.in