Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1 boneless chicken breast piece
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sprig’s Malacca
- sliced lemon
- Clean the chicken breast piece properly.
- Prepare all the ingredients for glaze.
- Mix all the ingredients, including Sprig Malacca spice blend in a bowl.
- Slash the chicken into slits on both the sides so that the glaze reaches the insides of the chicken, making sure that the flavour is spread throughout the chicken.
- Apply the glaze all over the chicken. Keep the rest of the glaze for basting while cooking.
- Prepare for roasting/baking the chicken.
- Put the chicken into the oven for roasting/baking. Add slit lemons on top of it so that the juice of the lemon makes the chicken soft and tender from inside. Keep basting the chicken with glaze from time to time so that the chicken doesn’t dry up and becomes hard. Move on to the next step.
- 1 cup rice
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- Take one cup rice, wash it under cold water and rinse it well. Drain and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add water, coconut milk and the rice. The rice is cooked with coconut milk so that you have that light, sweet coconut flavour in your rice.
- Switch on the gas on high heat till the first boil. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for about 10 minutes until completely done. Move on to the next step.
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- Salt and pepper (according to taste)
- Take 1 cucumber and carrot and cut it lengthwise.
- Cut it into half and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix well and let it stay.
Serve the rice, roasted chicken and the chilled salad together. Have it as an entrée and enjoy! The dish has a very mellow flavour, apt for those who prefer light meals.