Honey Cinnamon Flavoured Dark Chocolate Mousse with Pistachio Pomegranate Cream Topping
Serves 8 to 10
Prep time: 10 mins.
Ready in: 1 hr
- 5 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 200 gm Dark Chocolate (preferable > 85% dark )
- 1 cup Sprig Real Cinnamon Imbued Honey
- 1/3rd cup powdered sugar.
- ½ cup pistachio grated
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Break the chocolate bars in small pieces and place it in a medium bowl.
- Heat 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream to almost boiling and pour it over the chocolate.
- Let it sit for around 5 mins or until the chocolate has started to melt slightly.
- Gently stir chocolate until chocolate is completely melted.
- Make a smooth mixture of the chocolate and the cream and set it aside to cool.
- Place the remaining cups cold whipping cream in a large bowl. Add powdered sugar and mix on medium-low speed until soft peaks start to form. Turn mixer to low and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove one cup of prepared whipped cream to another small bowl. Add pistachio, pomegranate seeds and 1/4th cup of honey. Mix well and
- Take one cup of prepared whipped cream and fold into chocolate ganache. Once cream is fully incorporated into ganache, add ganache to remaining whipped cream in large bowl and gently fold until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Add the remaining honey and gently fold once again so that the honey is well incorporated into the mousse.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (or more) until ready to serve.
- Place chocolate mousse in the bottom, up to 3/4th of the serving dish. Top it up with a nice layer of prepared garnish.