Prep time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 2
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 g feta cheese
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup barley groats
- ¼ yellow capsicum
- 1 spoon dried Herbes de Provence
- 3 drops SPRIG Lavender extract
- 1 spoon olive oil + more for frying
- 1 spoon flour
- ½ chilli (or more if you prefer)
- Salt and pepper
- In a small cup mix olive oil, lavender extract, Herbes deProvence and chopped garlic. Wash the chicken and coat it with this mixture. Place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Boil, wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Cut capsicum and feta cheese in small pieces.
- Chop the chilli and fry it on a medium heat. Add cooked barley groats and keep frying for the next 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add vegetables and cheese and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cover the chicken breasts in flour. Fry it until golden brown on both sides. Place onto a baking sheet, and bake in preheated to 180oC oven, 20 to 30 minutes (depends on the size of meat).
- Place the groats on the plate. Cut the chicken and put it on top of groats.