Preparation time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 small eggplants
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Tangier: Mediterranean Spice Blend
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado, diced
- 250 g paneer, diced
- Bunch of roasted almonds
- Bunch of black olives
- Bunch of coriander or parsley leaves
- 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the broth, remove from heat and add couscous. Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coriander or parsley, Tangier spice blend, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 spoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Cut eggplants in halves and fry them for around 4 minutes each side, until roasted from outside and soft inside.
- Remove eggplants and roast paneer in the same pan.
- Mix couscous, pomegranate, paneer, almonds and olives.
- Divide couscous between 4 bowls. Decorate with avocado, eggplant and fresh parsley.