Harissa Spiced Chickpea Soup
Time: 25 mins
- 3 tbsp chili oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300 gm boiled chickpeas
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 peeled and deseeded tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Harissa paste
- 200 ml vegetable stock- 200 ml
- 15 gm chopped cilantro
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Salt – to taste
- Heat the chili oil in a pan. Add the cumin and garlic cook till it browns.
- Add the onions and cook till it becomes translucent.
- Add the Harissa paste and the tomatoes. Cook for 5 -7 minutes on slow heat.
- Add the chickpeas and slightly mash some chickpeas. Pour in the vegetable stock. Season the soup.
- Once it comes to a boil switch off the gas. Garnish with chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Serve with focaccia or flat bread.