Harissa Prawns with Spaghetti in Red Sauce
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 25mins
For Harissa Prawns
- 4 tbsp harissa paste
- 2 garlic cloves paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 350gms tail-on prawns, cleaned
- Prepare the marinade in a big bowl by mixing the oil, harissa paste, garlic paste, lemon and salt together.
- Stir in the prawns and mix thoroughly.
- Marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat a grill pan and gently place the prawns.
- Cook on both sides on medium heat for 3mins.
For Spaghetti in Red Sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes pureed.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp of Harissa Paste
- 300gms uncooked spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Bring 1litre of water to boil. Add salt, 1 tbsp of oil, and the spaghetti. Cook until the pasta is al dente, approx. 8 to 10 mins. Reserve half a cup of this cooking water. Rinse the al-dente pasta with cold water and set aside.
- Boil the tomatoes and peel off the skin. Puree it in a blender and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or just until garlic begins to brown. Add the tomato puree and the harissa paste.
- Add pasta and reserved cooking water to tomato harissa mixture. Cook until sauce is thick . remove from heat. Add the cheese and give a nice mix.
- Serve it with the cooked prawns