Harissa Flavoured Turkish Eggs
Prep: 10 Mins
Cook: 10 Mins
- 1 tbsp Sprig Harissa Chilly paste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 200g Greek yogurt
- ½ juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp dill/ spring onions/any garnish of your choice
- Toast, to serve
- Mix 1 tbsp of Butter and Harissa chilly paste and make a nice mix so that the harissa paste and butter forms a homogenous paste.
- Heat the remaining butter in a small pan and add the above mix.
- Melt on a very gentle heat to ensure the chilly paste doesn’t get burned but slowly infused into the butter.
- Whisk the garlic into the yogurt. Season well and add the lemon juice.
- Bring a large pan of water to a simmer. Add the vinegar, make a swirl with a large spoon, then crack each egg into the water.
- Poach for 3-4 mins until set, then drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, put half the yogurt in each bowl, add a poached egg to each, then drizzle with the melted chilly butter.
- Season, top with any garnish of your choice, and serve with toast.