Harissa Chicken Tikka Masala
- 250gms Boneless Chicken Thigh
- 1 chopped onion medium size
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 cup Curd
- Salt to taste
- SPRIG Harissa Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Deghi Mirch Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
- In a mixing bowl, add Curd, salt, pepper, Deghi Mirch, coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Garlic Paste, Juice of 1 Lemon, spoonful of SPRIG Harissa Chilli Paste and 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil.
- Blend all the ingredients together with a whisk or a fork until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Cut chicken thigh pieces into half and add it to the marinade. Let it rest for half & hour.
- Now place a griller pan on a medium heat and brush the pan with oil. Once, the pan is warm add chicken pieces to it and let it grill for 5 minutes each, on one side or until chicken is charred well. Save the leftover marinade & keep it aside.
- Once the chicken is charred well. Keep it aside.
- Now, on a medium flame heat a non-stick pan and add 1/2tbsp of vegetable oil. Then add chopped onions and sauté till onions are soft pink in colour.
- Add, 1 tsp of SPRIG Harissa Chilli Paste and water to it and stir it until paste has diluted well.
- Take, the remaining marinade and add it to the pan and keep stirring it so that curd doesn’t form any lumps.
- Add water, sugar and coconut milk and stir it until there is a boil.
- Now, add chicken tikka pieces and cover it with the lid on a low flame for 5 minutes or until the curry has a nice creamy consistency.
- Harissa Chicken Tikka Masala is ready to be served. Serve it hot with Rice or Roti.
Recipe & Photo Credits: Ms. Tanaya Mahajan (IG: @thegrubjournal)