Preparation and Cooking Time: 40-50 minutes (marination time excluded)
Servings: makes 8 chicken wings
- 8 pieces of fresh/frozen cleaned chicken wings
- 1-2 tbsp Sprig Habanero Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 40 g unsalted butter,
- 1 tbsp barbeque sauce,
- ½ tbsp Sprig Habanero Hot Sauce
- a pinch of salt
- Flavourless oil
- Clean and prepare your chicken wings. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and apply it to the chicken, you may either use hands to mix or mix with a spoon.
- Let the chicken rest for at least 30 minutes or up to 2-3 hours.
- To bake, preheat your oven to 220 C, take a large baking sheet, line with parchment and place a wire rack (oven safe). Now arrange the chicken on this rack in a single layer, drizzle a little bit of oil on the pieces.
- Bake the wings for roughly 40 minutes flipping halfway through (you may use tongs to do so)
- During the last 10 minutes, in a medium saucepan, add the butter, barbeque sauce and Sprig Habanero Hot Sauce and on a medium heat let it melt and come together. Stir to ensure that it doesn’t scorch. Add the salt. Take it off the heat.
- Once the chicken is cooked and golden brown, transfer the chicken to the sauce pan and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Serve hot with traditional yoghurt raita, fresh onions and lemon wedges.