Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Servings: 3-4 people
- 1 Chicken – cleaned and halved, with skin (for better results)
- Garlic Cloves – 5-6, crushed in a mortar with a pestle
- Ginger Paste – one medium piece of young ginger blended into a coarse paste.
- Olive Oil – 150 ml.
- One large, freshly squeezed lemon
- White pepper – 1 tsp.
- Butter- 40 g (softened)
- Salt – 2 tsp.
- Honey – 60 ml
- Rosemary – 4 g
- Thyme – 4 g
- Yuzu – 2 to 3 ml
- Make thin even slits on the surface of the chicken.
- Rub the surface of the chicken with ginger, garlic, lime juice, herbs, salt and olive oil.
- Leave to marinate for 45 minutes to an hour
- Set the oven to a 220 degrees centigrade and lay a sheet of foil in the baking tray.
- Lay the chicken onto the tray and bake from 30-45 minutes depending on the doneness.
- 10 minutes before the chicken is ready to come out of the oven, whisk the softened butter along with honey and the yuzu extract.
- Glaze the surface of the chicken with the yuzu butter and serve hot along with garlic bread/slaw/mash potato/rice.