Grilled Pumpkin Salad with Harissa Balsamic Dressing
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
- 500 gms pumpkin, deseeded, cut into 2cm-thick pieces
- 2 tbsp Harissa Paste
- 1 tbsp mustard paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup roasted melon seeds, pinenuts
- 200g grated crunchy salad veggies of your choice (English cucumber, carrots, Napa cabbage, cherry tomatoes) etc
Harissa And Balsamic dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Combine honey, harissa paste, mustard paste, lemon juice salt and olive oil to make a smooth mix.
- Coat the pumpkin slices and set aside for 10 mins.
- Line baking trays with baking paper. Place the marinated pumpkin on the trays. Roast pumpkin, turning once, for 20 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine honey, vinegar harissa paste and oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 secs.
- Now combine all the ingredients- the roasted pumpkin, nuts, fresh veggies and the dressing.
- Adjust seasoning and Serve!