This rustic salad with feta cheese, oregano and olive oil is a tasty treat to those who love a light vegetarian salad for a meal.
Time: 10 mins
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large-diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, sliced in half-rounds
- 50 gm pound feta cheese, ½ inch diced (not crumbled)
- ½ cup olives, pitted
For the vinaigrette:
- 60 ml garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp English mustard
- 30 ml good red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground SPRIG TGSEB Whole Black Pepper
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Still whisking, slowly add the garlic infused olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend. Serve at room temperature.