Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Coconut/Mustard Oil
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. grated garlic
- 2 Red Chilli (soaked in vinegar and pounded)
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Sprig Coconut Palm Sugar
- Sprig Celery Sea Salt to taste
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 ripe mangos mashed
- 1 raw mango grated
- 2 Tbsp. Sprig Mango Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 hardboiled eggs, shelled
- Make a small incision on the hard boiled eggs, and marinate with salt and turmeric.
- Shallow fry until golden brown and set aside.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onions, ginger, garlic, and chilly mash. Add a pinch of Sprig Celery Sea Salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the mango mash and Sprig Coconut Palm Sugar. Stir and cook until the mango mash develops a brownish colour
- Add grated raw mango and half a cup of warm water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once simmering, add the coconut milk. You want a simmer, not a boil, which should be around low to medium-low heat.
- Add the eggs and cook for another for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done, add Sprig Mango Jalapeno Sauce, stir well and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving so that the curry gets infused with the flavour of the sauce