reparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 10-15 people
- 300 g All-Purpose Flour
- 95 g Castor Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt.
- 225 g Chopped Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Sprig Vanilla Extract
- 6-7 scoops of Sprig Golden Matcha
- 2-3 tbsp Cold Milk
- For filling: Raspberry Jam (or your favourite!)
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and pulse till the mixture clumps up together.
- Once the clumps start forming, add milk little by little and pulse. Try to press the crumbs between your thumb and index finger, if it sticks and stays in shape, transfer the mixture into a bowl and form it into a dough ball (try not to over work the mixture). Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 175 C and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
On a well-floured surface, roll out the chilled dough using a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter of desired size, cut out as many cookies as you can and place them on the cookie sheet. I used a 5 inch round cookie cutter and a heart cookie cutter which was smaller. To make the heart cut outs just cut the heart shape using the heart cookie cutter from half of your round cookies.
- You need not bake all the cookies straight away, you can chill the dough or freeze the dough to bake it later. When baking, bake the cookies at 175 C for about 15 minutes or till they start to turn slightly golden brown on the sides. Remove the cookies and let them rest on the cookie sheet till they cool down completely, do not try to move them because they will break.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, fill your favourite filling and enjoy!