Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 35-40 minutes
Frosting time: 12-15 minutes
- ¼ cup Sprig Demerara Sugar infused with Real Madagascar Vanilla
- ¼ cup Sprig Demerara Sugar infused with Real Sri Lankan Cinnamon
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Sprig TGSEB Whole Black Pepper – Freshly Cracked
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Molasses
- 2 nos Large Eggs
- 1tbsp + 2tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ tsp Sprig True Cinnamon from Sri Lanka
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 ½ cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Sprig True Cinnamon from Sri Lanka
- 2 tsps Sprig All Natural Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, spices, baking powder and baking soda together and lightly whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth, then add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, then eggs and beat well. Add in the ginger.
- Alternate between adding the flour and the milk to the batter.
- Evenly distribute the batter to the cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pans and allow to cool.
- Beat the butter until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly, one cup at a time. Add the ground cinnamon and extract.
- Apply frosting as required. Set the spatula, cake display stand for final presentation.