Ginger Marmalade Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
Serves: 10-12 cookies
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/maida
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup fresh shredded coconut
- ¼ cup SPRIG Ginger Marmalade
- Sift all-purpose flour and keep it aside.
- Add butter, vanilla essence and sugar in a bowl and beat it well till its fluffy.
- Now add all-purpose flour, salt and combine. You can 2 tbsp milk if you feel the dough is very stiff. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 °Celsius.
- Take a small portion of dough, make a small ball of it, roll it in shredded coconut and flatten it gently with your thumb in the centre of the cookie and place it on cookie tray.
- Keep at least ½ inch distance between each cookie.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and place the cookie tray for baking at the same temperature.
- When the edges start turning light golden brown, remove from the oven and place them on wire rack for cooling.
- Top the cookies with ginger marmalade when the cookies are warm itself.
- When they have cooled down completely, enjoy them with your favourite beverage.
Recipe and images by Recipe and images by Priya Shiva of priyakitchenette.com