Fried Chicken lollipop coated with Harissa Chilli Paste
Preparation Time: 2 Hours
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Chicken Drummettes – Half Kg
- Oil – As needed for deep frying
Marinating of the Chicken:
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste or mince or ½ tsp each of powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder or paprika (adjust)
- ½ tsp any spice powder or garam masala
- Sprig Harissa Chilli Paste
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp corn flour or (1 tbsp. rice flour)
- 1 Cup of water
- 2 tbsp chopped grated cheese
HOW TO MAKE THE RECIPE
Preparation for Chicken Lollipop
- This step is optional but will tenderize the chicken & makes it juicy. Add 3 to 4 tbsp yogurt to a bowl, mix everything well and then pour 1 cup water and salt. Transfer the chicken and brine for 2 hour to overnight to tenderize the chicken.
- Drain off the buttermilk and add chili powder, Sprig Harissa Chilli Paste, ginger garlic, spice powder & salt. Rub these well and then sprinkle corn flour. Coat the chicken well.
- Heat oil until hot enough. Then fry the chicken on a medium heat until crisp and golden in colour. Plate and garnish with grated cheese.
Recipe & Image Credits: Kabyashree Dekha (@foodieforeverandever23)