Lamb meat cooked in spiced up tomato puree, flavoured with cardamom and garnished with cilantro.
Time: 1 hr.
- 2 tsp freshly ground SPRIG TGSEB Whole Black Pepper
- 1 ml SPRIG Cardamom Extract
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 inch ginger, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 kg lamb, cut into in inch cubes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until golden.
- Add the lamb and the ground spices. Cook stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture, paprika, and salt, stir into the meat, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to very low.
- Add the cardamom extract at the end