- Milk- 370ml
- Fresh cream- 200ml
- Brown sugar– 3/4 cup + 1½ tbsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Unsalted butter- 5 tbsp
- Cornstarch- 3 tbsp
- Sprig Extract of Natural Bourbon Vanilla– 1½ tsp
- In a bowl transfer the cold milk, mix in the cornstarch and salt, keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add brown sugar, melt it over low heat, stir with a fork continuously, care should be taken not to burn the sugar.
- Now add the cold milk carefully to the melted sugar while the heat is on. Add the fresh cream next. The melted sugar will turn to a solid lump, and it will melt gradually by continuous stirring with a fork over low heat. Keep stirring until the sugar lumps melt and the pudding mixture thickens, it will take 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat. Add butter and Extract of Natural Bourbon Vanilla to it, whisk well.
- Divide the pudding mixture immediately to the bowls in which you want to serve the pudding. After cooling completely at room temperature, wrap the top of the bowls with cling film or aluminium foil and shift to the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- You can have the cold Butterscotch Pudding with a whipped cream topping, toasted nuts, or serve them plain.