Easy Pressure Cooker Chicken Biriyani flavoured with Coconut Palm Sugar with Quartet of Five Spices
Prep time: 40 mins includes marination time
Cooking time 20 mins
- 300g Basmati rice
- 4tbsp Clarified butter
- 3 large Onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 cup curd, gently whisked
- 2 Bay leaves
- 5 Sprig Cardamom pods
- 1 Small Sprig Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 4 skinless Chicken breasts cut cubed
- 4 tbsp Coconut palm sugar and quartet of five spices
- 85g raisins
- 850ml chicken stock
- 1 cup coriander, ½ chopped, ½ leaves picked and
- 1 cup Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- 1 cup of caramelised onions
- Salt to taste
- Soak the basmati rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear.
- In large bowl, add the curd, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, red chilly powder salt and 1 tbsp of coconut palm sugar. Give a nice mix to make a homogenous marinade. Add in the chicken pieces, mix well and let it rest for 3O mins at least.
- Heat 3tbsp of Ghee in a pressure Add the bay leaf, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick.
- Add the onion and sauté it till lightly brown.
- Add the chicken marinade. Cook it for around 10 mins on high flame till the curd starts releasing sufficient oil from itself. Keep stirring to avoid the chicken from sticking to the bottom.
- In separate bowl add the rice, coriander, mint leaves, caramalised onions and 3 tbsp of coconut palm sugar. Mix well so that the rice becomes well coated with the coconut palm sugar powder.
- Layer this rice on top of the chicken and add a tbsp of ghee.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Garnish with almonds, raisins and dry fruits of your choice.