Preparation Time: 1 hour (rising time excluded)
Serving: Makes 6 generous sized rolls
- 435 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. Sprig Vanilla Extract of Natural Bourbon Vanilla
- 120 ml. lukewarm milk (more if the dough is dry)
- 11 g active dried yeast
- 40 g castor sugar
- 40 ml. coconut oil (melted)
- 190 g Sprig Dulce de Leche with Vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl add the milk, sugar and yeast, let it sit for 5-10 minutes till the mixture becomes bubbly.
- Now sift in the flour and salt and mix it a little with a wooden spoon or your hand.
- Now add in your eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Kneading: You can either use a standing mixer with the dough hook, a food processor with a kneading attachment or your hands. Knead the dough till it becomes smooth and is only slightly sticky. This should take about 8-15 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl with enough room for the dough to rise, cover with cling film and leave in a clean warm spot to rise for an hour or hour and a half till it doubles in size.
- Now, on a large clean floured surface, roll out the dough to an approximately 30 cm x 40 cm rectangle. Spread the delicious Dulce de Leche evenly on the dough, add the chocolate chips and walnuts evenly. Now you can roll the dough lengthwise and cut them into generous sized rolls. Place these rolls in an 8-inch round cake tin lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and leave it to rise again for another 30-45 minutes or until almost doubled in size.
- Halfway through the rising, preheat your oven to 175 C and once ready, bake the rolls for about 25-30 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
- Let the rolls cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes before enjoying them.
- Best consumed the day they are made.