Creamy Chipotle Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon of SPRIG Chipotle Adobado sauce (adjust the quantity as per personal spice preference)
- 100 grams cream cheese (you can substitute cream cheese with heavy cream)
- ½ cup chicken stock (can use water)
- 3 tablespoon Greek yogurt (you can substitute Greek yogurt with plain thick curd)
- Rinse chicken breasts well and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and ground pepper to taste on both sides. Rub it to spread evenly.
- Heat a shallow pan with 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place chicken breasts on the pan and sear it on one side for about 4-5 minutes. Turnover and sear on other side for 4 minutes.
- Remove seared chicken from pan onto a plate. Cover the Aluminium foil and keep aside.
- Into the same pan add remaining 2 tablespoon oil.
- Add finely diced onions and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes or until onions turn translucent.
- Add finely minced garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, SPRIG Chipotle Adobado sauce and chicken stock into the pan. Whisk and stir to make a smooth consistency sauce. Alternatively you can add cream cheese, SPRIG Chipotle Adobado hot sauce into a blender and blend into smoother consistency before adding it to the pan.
- Let the sauce come to boil.
- Add back seared chicken breasts into the pan along with all the juices from the plate in which chicken was resting. Cover and simmer for 7 to 12 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts you use.
- Turn off flame and stir in Greek yogurt.
- Serve creamy chipotle chicken recipe over a bed of steamed rice. Sprinkle few chopped coriander leaves for garnish. Serve immediately. It tastes best when served immediately hot.
- This can also be serve over boiled pasta like linguine or fettuccine.
Recipe & Photo Credits: Ms. Jyothi Rajesh (IG: @currytrail)