Colourful Date Palm Rasgulla with instant Mocha Dip
Recipe for Rasgullas
Cooking time: Maximum 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Quantity: 10 medium size Rasgullas
- 500gms of Cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 teaspoon semolina
- 1 ½ cups of date palm jaggery
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- Sprig All Nature Colour Extract of your choice
- In a bowl, make a coarse crumble of the cottage cheese and squeeze out the excess water from it. It’s always preferable to hang it with a cheese cloth overnight, in case of less preparation time, hang it at least for an hour. Place it on a colander and put hard pressure on it to squeeze out any remaining water.
- Transfer it to a blender and blend it on a low speed for a couple of minutes till it develops a smooth texture.
- Knead the blended cheese for 7 to 10 minutes until it transforms into a smoother and non-sticky dough. While kneading, add the semolina midway.
- Make medium sized balls, cover and rest it on a dry plate.
- Meanwhile, in a thick bottom vessel, add water and the date palm jaggery and bring it to a boil.
- When the jaggery is dissolved completely, add the balls and cook for 7 to 10 mins or until it becomes doubled in size.
- Turn the heat off and let everything come to a room temperature.
- Now separate the Rasgullas in separate bowls along with some syrup.
- Add two drops of your favourite Sprig food colour to the syrup. Stir Well and coat the Rasgullas evenly with the syrup
Recipe for Instant Mocha Dip</strong
Preparation time: 5 mins
- Condensed Milk: 2 tablespoon
- Fresh cream: 6 tablespoon
- Jar of Bliss – Mocha and Cacao spread: 2 tablespoon
Method: In a mixing bowl, mix all the three ingredients together to make a consistent dip. Serve a tablespoon of it for a single Rasgulla.