Classic Thai Dip with Nam Prik Pao and Coconut palm sugar
Prep time: 5mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 2 tbsp Sprig Nam Prik Pao Paste
- 1 tbsp Sprig Coconut Palm sugar
- 4 tbsp Sprig Roasted Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1-1/4 cups pure tamarind paste concentrate
- 2 Tbs. fish sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh hot red or green chillies
- 1 sprig of spring onion chopped
- Mix 2 tbsp of Sesame oil, NamPrik Pao Paste and Coconut palm sugar such that it forms a homogenous mix.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mix and add 3/4 cup water.
- Add the tamarind, fish sauce and vinegar; bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- When done, transfer it to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.