Chipotle Chicken Salad with Chili Mango Dressing
For the dressing:
- 3 small and ripe mangoes
- 5g Italian basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 green chili
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the chipotle chicken:
- 500g chicken thighs, washed and patted dry
- 80ml Sprig Chipotle Adobado sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20g butter
For the salad:
- 1 cucumber cut into cubes
- 1 tomato cut into thin slices
- 1 carrot cut into cubes
- 80 g lettuce
- Marinate the boneless chicken thighs with salt and Sprig Chipotle Adobado Mix well with a pair of tongs and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the chili mango basil dressing by grinding the ripe mangoes, basil leaves, salt, green chili, garlic, and honey. Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil till you get a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Cut your vegetables for the salad.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan. Place the marinated chicken thighs and fry till both sides are cooked and charred. Do not cook all the chicken at once. Do it in two batches.
- Assemble your salad with the raw vegetables, the sliced chipotle chicken and pour a generous amount of the chili mango basil dressing. Toss it all up and enjoy!
Recipe & Photo Credits: Ms. Bhaswati B. (IG: @slurrpilicious)