TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
Serves 2 to 4
For Braising Chicken
- 300gms boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Adobado sauce
- 1 tbsps. Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 fresh lime juice
- 1-2 fresh green chillies slit
- 2 tbsp. Light olive oil
- 1 cup water
For flavouring Chicken
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 6 tbsp Chipotle Adobado Sauce
- 1 tbsp Habanero sauce
- ¼th cup of the chicken broth left after braising
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Tomatoes Ripened
- 2 Green Chillies (pepper variety)
- 2 Spring onions whole
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Slices the chicken breast into thin pieces.
- Add oil into deep flat pan and allow it to heat for a min.
- Add the chicken, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, chili flakes, chillies and salt to the pan. Add the chipotle sauce. Gently toss to combine.
- Add water and lime juice.
- Now carefully seal the pan with Aluminium foil and cover it with a lid such that no steam escapes out of it.
- Cook on low for 45 mins until the chicken is completely tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- Once the chicken is cooked, strain the stock and separate the chicken pieces. Use a fork to shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Flavoring the chicken.
- Mix 6 tbsp. of Chipotle Adobado sauce with 1 tbsp Habanero/any hot sauce and set aside.
- Take 1/2cup of the strain chicken broth.
- Heat butter on a pan and add the shredded chicken.
- Add the chicken broth and the sauce mix.
- Cook it on low flame until the chicken absorb all the juices and there is no liquid left on the plan.
(In authentic Carnita recipes the chicken is grilled in an oven until it attains a crispy texture. But since we are flavouring the chicken using the Adobado sauce this would be the best way to go, as it retains more of the flavour and smokey aroma of the sauce)
- Roast the tomatoes, chillies and ginger over stove top until the skin of the tomatoes is peeled off and the chillies are charred.
- Chop it into a fine mix and transfer it a bowl. Also finely chop two whole spring onion.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and honey. Give a nice mix and set aside.
Take 1/2cup of cream cheese sauce. Add chipotle and hot sauce
Start Layering from the bottom upwards as follows-
- Half of the Nachos
- Half of the chicken
- Cheese Sauce
- Jalapeno+ Olives