There are very few dishes that can beat prawns cooked in butter, flavoured with chilli and garlic and finally served with a dash of lemon, sprinkled with parsley.
Time: 1 hr
- 1 kg medium sized uncooked prawns or shrimps
- 50 ml garlic infused olive oil
- 50 ml SPRIG Roasted Chilli Oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Peal the prawns/shrimps but leave the tails on.
- Add salt to them and put them in a covered bowl and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Heat the garlic infused oil and butter together in a large heatproof dish over a medium heat.
- When foaming add the prawns.
- Add the roasted chilli oil and stir and cook prawns for around 3 minutes, or until they curl up and change colour.
- Cut and squeeze the lemon juice, sprinkle with the parsley and serve in the dish.
- Serve with a good chunk of baguette to dip in to the sauce.