Chicken Ramen Noodles with Nam Prik Pao Flavoured Chicken Broth
Prep time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green chillies slit
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup of fresh Coriander
- ½ cup of diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms,
- 1 chicken breast
- 100gms tofu
- 100gm of curry cut chicken with bones
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp of Nam Prik Pao
- 200 gms of Ramen Noodles
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 6 cups of water
Toppings (any seasonal vegetables of your choice) or
- Sliced scallions
- Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- Sesame seeds
- Shredded red cabbage
- Soft-boiled egg
- Heat ½ tbsp of sesame oil and olive oil in a pressure cooker. Add onion, chillies garlic and ginger, and simmer until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces carrots and mushrooms and stir for about a minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the water, 2 tbsp Nam Prik Pao paste, lemon juice. Stir, and bring to a simmer for around 10 mins. Add the fresh coriander, chicken breast and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Let the cooker release the pressure on its own. Take the chicken breast out and set aside.
- Let the remaining broth reduce to half on low flame.
- In the meantime, in mixing bowl add 2-3 tbsp of Nam Prik Pao paste with ½ tbsp of sesame oil. Stir well and coat the chicken breast and tofu in it.
- Heat a grill pan and gently add the chicken breast and tofu pieces and cook on both sides for around 3 mins.
- Once the broth has reduced to half, mashed all the solids and strain the liquid out.
- Heath the broth again and carefully place the Ramen noodles into the pot of simmering broth and allow to cook for approx. 2-3 minutes, or until cooked and tender.
- Carefully transfer the soup and noodles to bowls and allow to cool.
- While the noodles are getting cooled time, make the soft-boiled egg.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the egg(s) let them boil for five minutes.
- When done, cut it into halves.
- Add the chicken, tofu and eggs to the ramen bowl and garnish with your toppings of choice.
- Sprinkle with toasted black sesame seeds.