Chicken Momos with Nam Prik Pao Thai Roasted Chilli
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Level of Cooking: Moderate
- Chicken mince 1 cup
- Green Chilli chopped – 2
- Freshly chopped onions – 2
- Freshly chopped spring onions – 2
- Garlic Chopped – 10 cloves
- Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Soya Sauce – 2 teaspoons
- Refine Flour – 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Sprig Nam Prik Pao Chilli Paste (Thai Roasted Chilli) – 1 teaspoon
Process of Making:
- Firstly, combine the flour and salt in a bowl, mix well. Later add sufficient water and knead into soft dough. Keep it aside for a while.
- Combine minced chicken, spring onions, ginger, green chillies, garlic, soya sauce, Sprig Nam Prik Pao Thai Roasted Chilli Paste, black pepper and salt together and set aside. This will be the filling for the momos.
- Take the dough made in the first step and divide it into sixteen small portions. Shape them into balls and roll out thinly. Then, shape according to how you want your momos to look like.
- Now insert a teaspoon of the filling in the middle of the momo dough. Bring all edges together to the centre, making small tight pleats.
- Pinch and twist the pleats to ensure that the momo is closed tightly.
- Steam in a steamer for about twenty minutes.
- Serve hot with the Sprig Ginger Teriyaki dipping sauce.
Recipe Credits: Kabyashree Deka (@foodieforeverandever23)