Cheesy Tandoori Pomfret
Marination Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
The recipe involves two marinades, one of 30 minutes and another of 2 hours, after which it is grilled in the microwave.
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp Sprig Tangier
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 whole pomfrets
- Take the fish slices. After washing it thoroughly, make slits on both sides of the fish. This is done to increase the surface area of the fish through which the marinate can penetrate.
- We are going to prepare the marinade mixture in a bowl, before applying it to the fish.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix it well.
- Apply it properly within each slit.
- Let it rest for around 30 minutes.
- 2 tsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add all the above ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a consistent lump-free paste.
- Apply it to the fish and let it marinade for about 2-3 hours.
- Oil for brushing
- Grated cheese
- Put the fish into the oven for grilling. Depending on your oven settings, grill on either side until soft and tender.
- Keep brushing it with oil to prevent drying up. The added yoghurt in the marinate is also for the same purpose.
- For cheesy Tandoori Pomfret, when the fish is half cooked, top it with grated cheese and grill further. The cheese will melt and the fish will also completely cook in that time.
Serve the dish hot, garnished with coriander and with onion rings and lemon wedges as sides. A chilled masala curd dip balances the heat of the fish. Just add chaat masala to curd and mixed well until lump-free.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.designedbite.com