Cauliflower Cheese Mash with Pan Fried Chicken Breast and Mint Vinaigrette
Preparation Time: 15minutes
Cook time: 25minutes
Cauliflower Cheese Mash
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx. 750g)
- 2 slices of regular cheese
- 10 g butter
- Sprig’s Celery Sea Salt
- Sprig Six Pepper Medley
- Halve the cauliflower through the stem. Remove the core from each half. Finely chop the cauliflower head into small florets.
- Place cauliflower florets in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until very tender (approximately 15 minutes) or microwave the florets in a bowl with ¼ cup water, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on medium.
- Add in cheese, butter, salt, and black pepper and then add the remaining cauliflower.
- Blend to your desired texture.
Pan Fried Chicken Breast
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon freshly groundedSprigSix Pepper Medley
- 1/4 teaspoon SprigCelery Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoon almond flour and 1teaspoon Pysllium husk
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil,
- 3 tablespoon whole milk
- ½ teaspoon chilly powder
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sieve the almond flour and Psyllium husk through a fine sieve and mix well.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the flour mix in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, make a mix of eggs, milk and chilli powder.
- Whisk it gently.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour and then in the egg mix. Repeat for one more time and dust away the excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil
- Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan and place it on an absorbent paper.
- 6 pods of garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 10g butter
- 2 tablespoon of the flour mix
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Remaining egg milk mixture (from the previous steps),
- Sprig’s Celery Sea Salt
- Sprig’s Six Pepper Medley
- On the same pan, add the butter and scrape off any residue left after frying the chicken.
- Add the chopped garlic and chillies and stir well.
- Add the flour mix and keep stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Add the chicken stock when the flour starts to brown slightly and bring it to a boil
- Now add the remaining egg and milk mix and whisk it to smooth texture.
- Adjust the seasoning as you go along, adding more salt and black pepper as needed.
- 6 to 8 sprigs of mint leaves finely chopped
- 3 pods of garlic finely chopped
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Sprig’s Roasted Chilli Oil
- Sprig’s Celery Sea Saltto taste
Plate the cauliflower mash, chicken breasts, and pour over with gravy. Add mint garnish as desired.
Recipe and Photographs Courtesy: Antara Boruah (Choukascribbled)