Cassava Coconut Ginger Pudding with Cream Cheese & Pomegranate reduction
Cooking time: 20 mins.
Prep time: 10 mins.
- 1ltr whole milk
- 3large eggs
- 1/3cup granulated sugar
- 2 cassava roots
- ½ cup Sprig Jar of Coconut and Ginger Love
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup cream cheese
- Pressure cook the cassava roots for 2 to 3 whistles with the skin intact.
- When done, remove the skin, blend it to smooth velvety paste. You don’t need to add water or anything while blending.
- Add the milk and egg to a medium saucepan and whisk well to combine.
- Add the coconut ginger spread and tapioca and mix well.
- Turn heat to medium and bring mixture to a bubbling, full boil (stirring constantly, to not it burn).
- Remove from heat when the desired consistency is reached.
- Let it cool.
Pomegranate Reduction Sauce
- Pour the pomegranate juice into a small pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Keep boiling until the pomegranate juice is reduced by 3/4th (only 1/2 cup is left) and has syrupy consistency.
- Remove the pomegranate sauce from heat, pour into a cup and let cool.
Add the pomegranate sauce to the cream cheese and give a nice whisk.
Layer the bottom of your serving glass with pomegranate cream cheese mix. Gently pour in the Cassava pudding and garnish it with pomegranate seeds.