For the chicken marinade:
- 800g boneless chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 bottle Riwayat Dilliwala Butter Chicken
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi /dried fenugreek leaves
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- In a bowl, combine chicken with all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade and marinate it 1-2 hours (or overnight if time allows).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken pieces in batches. Grill them for 5 minutes on each side until they turn brown.
- Heat butter in the same pan. Add Riwayat Butter Chicken paste and saute for 1 minute. Then add water and let it cook for 2 minutes. Keep the flame at low heat and slowly add the cream and crushed kasoori methi leaves and keep stirring.
- Add the chicken pieces into the gravy and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick and bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.