- Gram flour: 1 1/2 cup
- Rice flour: 1/4 cup
- Cooking soda(sodium bicarbonate) – 1 small pinch
- Salt to taste
- Sprig All Natural Extracts (Food and Beverage Colours) – A Drop
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup Boondi
- 2 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. carrot, grated
- tomato, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. spicy fried peanuts
- 1/2 tsp.Chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp.jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp.Sprig Smoked Paprika, or as required
- Sprig Celery Sea Salt as needed
- 3-4 tbsp yogurt
- 1/4 tsp dates chutney / sweet chutney as required
- 1/4 tsp mint chutney
- Coriander leaves chopped (to garnish)
- A few Pomegranate seeds
To Make the ColouredBoondi:
- In a mixing bowl, mix both flours, salt, and cooking soda with water to make a thick batter. The consistency should be like bajji batter.
- Separate the batter into 3 bowls and add a drop of each Sprig All Natural Extracts (Food and Beverage Colours) separately into the bowls.
- Heat the oil and use a big slotted spoon to make boondis . Once crisp, drain them on a paper towel. Thecolouredboondis are nowready .
To Make the BoondiChaat:
- In a mixing bowl, mix the onion, tomato, fried peanuts, chaat masala, jeera masala, Sprig Smoked Paprika powder, and Sprig Celery Sea Salt
- Add the crispy coloured boondi to it and gently toss.
- Transfer masala boondi to a serving plate. Top it with some yoghurt, mint – dates chutney and garnish with coriander leaves and pomegranate chutney.
- Enjoy the lip-smacking boondi chaat immediately