Black Sesame Coated Chicken
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 500 g chicken pieces, curry-cut
- 100 g black sesame seeds (toasted lightly)
- ½ tbsp. black pepper (powdered)
- 2 big onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ginger, finely chopped
- 15-20 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8-9 green chillies, slit
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. mustard oil
- 2 tbsp. SPRIG Toasted Sesame Oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine the sesame seeds, half tbsp. garlic, and a little water and blend to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the mustard oil to smoking point.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and onions, and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the chicken, turmeric powder, and cumin powder and cook over a medium flame till the chicken is just about, but not completely, cooked. If required, add just enough warm water to scrape off the masalas from the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate pan, heat SPRIG Toasted Sesame Oil, and sauté the sesame garlic paste and green chillies for 3 to 5 minutes. Add half a cup of warm water and bring the curry to a boil.
- Add the sautéed paste and black pepper to the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes or so till the chicken is tender.
- Add lime juice, and stir well for a minute.
- Adjust seasonings as per your preference.
- Serve hot with Indian breads, pulao, or steaming hot rice.
Recipe and Images Courtesy: Antara Boruah (Choukascribbled)