Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 60mins approx.
- 2 cups of Black Rice.
- 1/2 teaspoon Sprig Yuzu Extract.
- 1 tbsp. Sprig Teriyaki Sauce
- Sprig Medley of 6 pepper to taste.
- Sprig Chipotle Smoked Sea Salt to taste
- 1 cup Fresh Peas
- 1 tbsp. Light Olive Oil.
- 6 to 8 pods of garlic diced
- 3 bell peppers one of each Yellow, Red and Green variety, seeded and sliced.
- ½ medium sized Broccoli Head, thinly sliced.
- ½ cup White Beans, soaked in water and softened.
- 2 Spring onions, both white and green parts.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 drops of Yuzu extract or more according to your taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Sprig Ginger Teriyaki Sauce.
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sprig Toasted Sesame Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook rice in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 35-40 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of oil while boiling the rice to prevent the rice from sticking to one another. Drain well, spread out on a plate and let cool.
- Boil the beans in a pressure cooker upto 2 whistles with some salt to taste.
- Release the steam immediately.
- In the meantime, heat the oven and coat the baking tray with some oil.
- Also, Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan. Brown the diced garlic and lightly sauté the vegetables in it for a min.
- Add salt and transfer it to the baking tray.
- Bake the vegetables in the medium rack for 5 mins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, orange juice, ginger, honey, Teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Mix the rice and the baked vegetables. Add the dressing and toss to combine until the salad is well coated with the dressing.