- 500 gms Mutton small pieces with bones
- 1 medium Onions finely sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Riwayat Lahori Bhuna Gosht Ready to Cook Gravy.
- 3 tbsp Curd (plain yogurt)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 nos. Green Chillies (cut into halves)
- 3 tbsp Refined Oil
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped, for garnish)
- Rub raw papaya paste on mutton pieces and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp refined oil in a pressure cooker/ heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the sliced onions ginger and garlic paste & fry on medium heat for 10 mins till golden.
- Now add the mutton pieces, mix on medium heat for 5 mins. Now add the turmeric & Kashmiri Chilli powder, mix for 5 mins on medium heat till the mutton is browned and oil separates.
- Add enough water to cook the mutton & pressure cook for 4-5 whistles till mutton is tender. You can also cook covered in the pan for around 45 mins till meat is tender.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid & transfer to a pan. Mix 2-3 tbsp of whisked yogurt , add 3 slit green chillies and continue to cook on low heat for 2-3 mins till the yogurt is cooked. Continue to cook on medium heat to dry any excess water that is there.
- Add half bottle of Riwayat Lahori Bhuna Gosht Ready to Cook Gravy, mix well and fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Continue to stir the meat for 2-3 mins on medium heat till dry.
- Serve with naan or rice