We knead to talk about bread. (You see what we did there?) It’s time for part two of our breadventure and for this chapter, we’re going down the savoury route.
This time, we’ve decided to challenge ourselves and make a type of bread that incorporates a multitude of flavours. Who better to trust in this endeavour than Sprig? In addition to dabbing hot sauce onto your bread based dishes (which we fully advocate for), Sprig’s products are versatile in their usage. So much so, that we are of the belief that they elevate the taste to another level entirely, and make your home cooking feel like a recreation of the delights you see on cooking shows.
With all this in mind, we decided to try focaccia. Even though it looked a little tricky, we love a challenge and some good bread, so we figured it out!
Delicious and extremely fun to bake, focaccia is one type of bread that offers a multitude of possibilities. You can bake it with vegetables and add as many herbs as you want! What’s more, there are endless ways to eat it once it’s been baked. Our preferred method is to dip it in Sprig Arrabiata Sauce, but hey, don’t let us stop you from experimenting with various other flavour pairings!
Here is how you can make Garlic and Herb infused Focaccia bread – Sprig style.
– ½ cup Sprig Garlic Infused Olive Oil
– 1 teaspoon Sprig Thyme
– 1 teaspoon Sprig Rosemary
– ¼ teaspoon Sprig Black Pepper
– 1 cup warm water
– 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
– ¼ teaspoon Sprig Curcumin Imbued Honey
– 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon Sprig Rosemary Sea Salt
– 1 teaspoon regular salt
1. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, thyme, rosemary and black pepper, and set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, add the yeast, warm water and honey and stir. Let it rest for five minutes.
3. Add one cup of flour and ¼ cup of the oil mixture to the bowl with the yeast and stir a few times until the dough has moistened. Let it rest for five minutes again.
4. Once done, add the rest of the flour and regular salt to the bowl. When the dough begins to take shape, move it to a flat surface covered with flour and begin to knead. Knead until the dough is smooth.
5. Move the dough to an oiled bowl and cover with a warm damp cloth. Set it to rest and rise for an hour.
6. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
7. Use two spoons of the olive oil mixture to coat the baking tray, and transfer the risen dough onto the tray.
8. Flatten the dough and use your fingers to make dimples in the dough.
9. Top off the dimpled dough with the rest of the olive oil mixture, sprinkle some Rosemary Sea Salt, and let it sit for 20 minutes before putting it in the oven.
10. For added flavour, you can add sliced olives and sundried tomatoes to your dough before baking.
11. Bake until golden brown, for about 15-20 minutes. Cool before cutting and serving.
You can refrigerate focaccia for up to two days, and keep it in the freezer for a week. Use it as a pizza base, or as a sandwich, dip it into Sprig Garlic Infused Olive Oil for more of that garlicky goodness or just spread Sprig’s Wasabi Aioli on a slice for a Japanese-Italian fusion.
Choosing the right ingredients will always give you the best results. With Sprig’s products, you can rest assured that they are made with fresh ingredients and recipes that retain its authentic flavour. For a beautifully crafted and delectable focaccia bread, use Sprig Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, Thyme and Rosemary Herbs. Complete the Italian theme with the help of our authentic Pizza and Pasta Sauces, and a gelato made with our Natural Bourbon Vanilla Extract. As the Italians would say, we promise that the final result will be delizioso!
The herbs and the olive oil are the most essential part of Focaccia – they are what gives it itsm,distinct flavour. With Sprig’s products, you can rest easy knowing that they are made from the freshest of ingredients, while retaining its authentic flavour. By using Sprig Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, Thyme and Rosemary Herbs, you can elevate your focaccia into an extremely flavourful and textured bread that’s sure to impress anyone.
Try out our recipe and share pictures of your fantastic focaccia on Instagram! Don’t forget to tag us @spriggourmet.
Keywords: Focaccia; Focaccia Bread Recipe; Vegan Bread Recipe; Focaccia Toppings; Focaccia Bread Online; How to eat Focaccia; Bread with herbs and garlic; Focaccia at home; Gourmet bread recipe; Focaccia recipe healthy; Rosemary Focaccia