Basil Lemon Pasta with Grilled Chicken
This simple recipe is a heavenly combination of basil, lemon and cream, topped with grilled chicken. For all those who like non vegetarian pastas, this one is a must try.
Time: 6 hours.
- 4 whole grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- ½ stick butter
- 3 whole lemons, juiced
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 20 gm basil leaves
- 1 ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (or Romano)
- Freshly ground SPRIG TGSEB Whole Black Pepper
For chicken marinade
- SPRIG Roasted Chilli Oil
- Juice of four lemons
- English mustard
- A tiny bit of honey
- 2-3 basil leaves
- Marinate the chicken overnight and grill.
- Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water when you drain. Set pasta aside in a strainer.
- In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in the juice of 3 to 4 lemons and the roasted chilli oil. Whisk together.
- Pour in cream and whisk until hot.
- Dump in cheese and whisk until melted.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Check consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle basil all over the top, then add sliced chicken breasts.