Asian style Mango Jalapeno flavoured Steamed Fish
Prep time: 5 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
- 2 scallions julienned
- 3 tbsp Sprig Mango Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Sprig Nam Prik Pao
- Fresh ginger, about 2 tablespoons julienned
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 250 gm of fish fillets
- Combine the Mango Jalapeno Sauce, Nam Prik Pao paste, soy sauce, salt, sugar, oil and water into a small bowl and mix well.
- Place the fish fillet on a heat resistant plate and pour in the above mix.
- Top the fish with ginger and cilantro.
- Prepare your steamer setup, you can use a deep wok if you don’t have a steamer. Roll aluminium foil and make a nice circular ring out of it, strong enough to not crush under the weight of the plate.
- Fill your wok or saucepan with about an inch of water, cover and bring it to a boil.
- Carefully place your plate with the fish on the rack/aluminium foil roll.
- Cover and steam for about 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat. Serve immediately with some scallion garnish.
Also, you can heat some sesame oil and julienned ginger for about a min and pour it over the steamed fish for extra flavour.