Aioli Prawn Cocktail
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Prawns- 200g (Medium sized)
- Lettuce leaves- 2-3
- Zucchini- 1 (small)
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Cayenne pepper- for sprinkling on top
- Lemon- 1 + more for garnishing
- Sprig’s Cheese & Truffle Aioli – 3 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup- 1 tbsp
- In a saucepan boil water, add the prawns and ½ tsp of salt, cook for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Drain and keep aside (read note).
- Chop 1 leaf of lettuce, keep aside.
- Cut zucchini into small cubes, keep aside.
- In a bowl combine cubed zucchini, chopped lettuce, juice of ½ lemon, salt, and white pepper powder. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix Sprig’s Cheese & Truffle Aioli and tomato ketchup, keep aside.
- To assemble, add the zucchini-lettuce salad as a base to the serving bowls/martini glasses. Next to add a few pieces of prawns, add one spoonful of cocktail sauce from the top, so that the sauce can coat the prawns nicely. Garnish with lettuce, slices of lemon. Sprinkle cayenne pepper serve immediately.
You can reserve the prawn stock to make soups.
Recipe & Image Credits: Chandrima Sarkar (IG: @notoutofthebox)