Aioli Bruschetta with Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Baguette- 7 slices
- Tomato- 1
- Shallots- 7
- Zucchini- 1 (small)
- Yellow bell pepper- 1
- Baby corn- 2-3
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder for seasoning
- Sprig’s Wasabi Aioli – As required
- Fresh herb for garnishing (cilantro/ parsley/ basil)
- Soak the skewers in water for 3-4 hours.
- Slice the baguette into ½ inch slices, keep aside.
- Cut all the veggies in cubes except the shallots. Peel the shallots and keep aside.
- Apply olive oil by using a pastry brush on both sides of the Baguette slices. Toast them until golden and crisp, keep aside. Stick the veggies alternately on the skewers and brush oil over them.
- Heat a grill pan or turn on the grill until sizzling hot. Brush the pan with some oil, if using the grill grease with oil. Place the skewers over hot grill pan/grill. Grill for a minute or two on each side or until the veggies turn softer and look like roasted. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the Aioli Bruschetta, slather the top of the toasted baguette slices generously with Sprig’s Wasabi Aioli and place one grilled vegetable skewer on every slice. Garnish with fresh herb. Serve immediately.
Recipe Credits: Chandrima Sarkar (@notoutofthebox)